TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – In a wild recreation that featured six lead adjustments, a four-run ninth inning pushed Alabama baseball previous Troy, 11-8, on Saturday evening at Sewell-Thomas Stadium. The Crimson Tide is now 42-19 on the season and 2-0 within the NCAA Tuscaloosa Regional.
Alabama was first to strike with two runs within the second earlier than a five-run third for Troy moved the Trojans forward. The Tide countered with a four-spot within the fourth to retake the lead earlier than Troy evened issues up at six apiece with one within the fifth. UA took the lead proper again with a solo homer from Andrew Pinckney within the sixth, however as soon as once more, the Trojans pulled in entrance with a two-run sixth. Each groups would go scoreless till the ninth when a two-out error helped the Tide plate 4 for the win.
The Tide offense pounded out 13 hits with eight of the 9 starters recording no less than one knock. Pinckney led the way in which as soon as once more, ending 3-for-4 with a triple, the homer, two RBI, a pair of runs and one stroll. Additionally homering was Caden Rose who went 2-for-3 and added a double, two RBI, two walks and a team-high three runs scored.
Hunter Hoopes (2-1) picked up the win with 1.0 scoreless body, whereas Alton Davis II earned his eighth save of the 12 months because of a scoreless ninth that included one strikeout. The loss went to Noah Manning (3-3).
From Interim Head Coach Jason Jackson
“This was a heck of a ballgame. It was two actually proficient groups, two proficient offenses and the group and environment was nice. It was a back-and-forth recreation, and I am tremendous happy with our guys. They fought all evening and stored believing all the way down to the final out within the ninth.”
How It Occurred
T2 | With one on and one down, Caden Rose despatched a ball over the wall in right-center. (2-0, Alabama)
B3 | The Trojans loaded the bases earlier than a double play minimize down two and crossed one. A single up the center within the subsequent at-bat tied issues up earlier than a single put two aboard for William Sullivan. The junior cleared the bases with a three-run homer to left. (5-2, Troy)
T4 | The Tide put two in scoring place to begin the fourth. Jim Jarvis took benefit of the chance, singling to heart to attain one and put runners on the corners. A single within the subsequent at-bat from Tommy Seidl added one earlier than a pair of errors allowed one other run to cross and moved Seidl to second. Seidl then superior to 3rd on a flyout earlier than a single to right-center from Dominic Tamez crossed the go-ahead run. (6-5, Alabama)
B5 | Kole Myers set issues even with a solo homer to right-center. (6-6)
T6 | Andrew Pinckney put the Tide again in entrance with a solo homer to left. (7-6, Alabama)
B6 | A single to proper with the bases loaded tied issues up. One out later, a sacrifice fly to heart gave the Trojans the benefit. (8-7, Troy)
T9 | Pinch-hitter Will Hodo drew a one-out stroll adopted by a stroll to Rose with each runners transferring into scoring place on a flyout. Seidl was subsequent, grounding to brief however an errant throw allowed each runners to attain and stored the inning alive. Pinckney added yet one more within the subsequent at-bat with a triple down the road in proper earlier than an intentional stroll to Drew Williamson put runners on the corners for Tamez. The junior widened the hole with singled up the center to attain Pinckney. (11-8, Alabama)
- Tonight’s attendance was 5,800 for the Crimson Tide’s sixth sellout of the 2023 marketing campaign and second in as many days. Sewell-Thomas Stadium was additionally bought out for all three video games of the Auburn sequence from April 14-16 together with the sequence finale towards Vanderbilt on Could 6.
- Alabama completed with 13 hits and has totaled double-digit hits in 36 video games this season.
- Eight of the 9 starters tallied no less than one hit.
- The Crimson Tide has recorded a house run in 52 of 61 video games in 2023 whereas producing a number of homers 33 occasions.
- Alabama has homered in 24 straight contests. The streak dates again to April 18 at UAB.
- Tommy Seidl prolonged his hitting streak to an Alabama season-long 12 video games with a 2-for-6 effort. Over the 12-game stretch, Seidl is batting .404 (19-47) with 5 doubles, two homers, 14 RBI, 14 runs, 4 walks, three hit-by-pitch and one stolen base.
- ATTENDANCE: 5,800 (SELLOUT)
Alabama will await its opponent in recreation two on Sunday. The Tide will face the winner of the Boston Faculty-Troy recreation at 8 p.m. CT with the matchup airing on ESPN+.