Manchester Metropolis had been held to a 1-1 draw by Nottingham Forest within the Premier League on Saturday, February 18.
Forest entered this contest on the again of three defeats, one win, and one draw of their final 5 video games throughout competitions. They misplaced 2-0 to Fulham of their final league outing after conceding each early and late within the recreation. Nonetheless, Steve Cooper and his group had been desperate to push additional away from the relegation zone.
Metropolis, alternatively, have received 4 and misplaced considered one of their final 5 video games throughout competitions. They secured a large 3-1 win over Arsenal to quickly leapfrog them within the desk. Pep Guardiola named a powerful lineup for this recreation as he appeared to piece collectively a profitable streak.
Manchester Metropolis bossed possession from the get-go as they appeared to attain early objectives. They saved the ball for a staggering 84% of the primary half, making an attempt 9 pictures on aim. They handed the ball round 397 instances in simply the primary interval, stopping Nottingham Forest from constructing any momentum.
After prolonged spells of strain, Manchester Metropolis opened the scoring by way of a spectacular effort from Bernardo Silva. Jack Grealish did nicely to pause earlier than passing to the Portuguese, who shot throughout the aim with the surface of his left foot in a show of pure technical genius. The guests led 1-0 on the break.
Manchester Metropolis got here out for the second half seeking to seal the deal by extending their lead and defending it with goal. After their utter dominance within the first interval, the possession was shared barely extra equally, with Nottingham Forest maintaining the ball for 38% of the time, whereas Metropolis had it for the remaining 62%.
The guests tried 14 pictures, with simply 5 of them on the right track. Each managers made a number of modifications as they appeared to change the scoreline to grab a late consequence. Morgan Gibbs-White then despatched the group into raptures as he supplied an help for Chris Wooden to attain from to make it 1-1 with lower than 4 minutes left on the clock.
Nottingham Forest held on as they secured an unimaginable 1-1 draw in opposition to Manchester Metropolis. On that be aware, let’s check out the 5 speaking factors from the sport.
#5. Manchester Metropolis appeared informal in entrance of aim
With over 20 pictures tried, Metropolis had been completely wasteful with the truckload of possibilities they created. They hit the goal simply six instances out of these 23 makes an attempt regardless of additionally dominating possession. Bernardo Silva scored the one aim for Manchester Metropolis, a shocking effort from distance that took some hitting. Moreover that, they posed little to no menace.
#4. Nottingham Forest had their followers because the twelfth man
As each groups walked on to the pitch previous to kick-off, they had been greeted with a loud refrain of followers in purple shirt singing and cheering for Nottingham Forest. Their ardour from the stands was transmitted to their group as they dug deep and didn’t concede multiple aim.
Regardless of momentary silence after Bernardo Silva scored, the house followers started cheering for his or her group as soon as once more in direction of the top as they confirmed nice character to safe some extent.
#3. Manchester Metropolis have misplaced floor on Arsenal
The Gunners got here again from 2-1 down at half-time to safe a mammoth 4-2 win over Aston Villa earlier within the day. They’re now on 54 factors from 23 video games, whereas Manchester Metropolis are on 52 factors from 24 video games.
With an additional recreation in hand, Arsenal may probably be 5 factors clear on the prime ought to they safe victory in that one.
#2. Forest are prone to keep away from relegation
With the board backing supervisor Steve Cooper and investing closely in direction of bringing new personnel to the membership, the group seems to be like they’ve sufficient sources to remain afloat. Following their spirited draw, Nottingham Forest have climbed to thirteenth within the desk with 25 factors from 23 video games.
#1. Erling Haaland struggled to search out his toes
Haaland had a poor recreation as he didn’t hit the goal regardless of two makes an attempt. Regardless of enjoying for all the 90 minutes, he had simply 17 touches of the ball, out of which he gave possession away 5 instances.
He additionally received simply considered one of his six duels and performed solely eight correct passes all through the course of the sport.